The universal mantra of all the 7 figures digital marketer is ” take everything away and I will be back as long my email list is intact”.
The key issue is growing of your “Email List with the right Right People” which is an important and challenging part of email marketing. The goal is to drive email marketing campaigns that will increase your sales while minimizing your losses. This process requires that you have good personal relations with the people on your email list, to the point that they are willing to provide you feedback that will help you improve the product. In return you provide them with good content in return, as the feedback that they provide is valuable.
Let’s put aside the issue of personal relations for a moment and focus on the subject of content. The first thing that you should do when you have decided on a policy and a product is to decide on the focus for your email list.
In the past people were willing to subscribe to anything, and there was a lot of free information available on the web. This has created a lot of problems. More importantly it has created a lot of opportunity costs. That is you are missing out on the opportunity to make money by selling things to your email list. So what is the best practice in building a successful email list?
By profitable list I mean a list that brings in revenue for you. Your list needs to be built around a solid strategy, or you are simply wasting time and money.
Now if you decide that you will focus on promoting products and you drive them to a sales page and get them to buy what you promote, then you will drive lots of traffic to the page that brought them to your site in the first place. This is a great strategy because it is one that has proven to work, is very simple to implement, and will help you keep your subscribers while boosting your income. The next thing is that you need to provide them with good content. Your subscribers will need to receive more than a sales pitch from you. In fact the majority of people won’t buy what you promote because they think it is too good to be true. They will think it is just a means to make money for yourself. They will be right. If you aren’t careful you will do damage to your brand reputation. This can be costly. So it is smart to have a strategy that will help generate repeat sales or inquiries.
some examples of good business practices and why it works.
- Never promote something to your list that is in direct competition with something they have already bought, bought on sale, or are considering purchasing. This is the most important strategy. Your list won’t trust you if they think you are constantly trying to sell them something. Focus on providing good content instead.
- Never promote something that is designed purely to get you more sales. You are wasting your time and money with this type of promotion. Your list will grow distrustful of you if you do this.
- Never promote a product that you have never used and have no idea whether or not it works. Unless it is an exclusive, tested, proven formula, then you may promote it to your list. You must be able to provide proof of the formula or it won’t be promoted. If you are not confident in what you are selling, then you should not be promoting it to your list.
- Never promote a product that is too good to be true. Your list will not trust you if you promote something that they think is too good to be true. There is a good chance they may un-subscribe from your list and mark your emails as spam.
- Never do anything to harm your reputation in your subscribers eyes. This includes creating or hosting a list that is considered spam. The more unsubscribes from this list, the more your reputation will become a problem. Do you want to be branded as a spammer?
- Never promote a product to your list that is not in compliance with the CAN-SPAM act. All sales representatives and affiliates must follow this act. It may seem obvious, but too many people still do this.
Follow these tips and your email list marketing should become successful and even profitable. This is a strategy to use in your e-mails if you are looking to succeed.
Kindly leave your comment below.